Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Holiday Connections

We live in turbulent times, full of an eye-for-an-eye violence, environmental degradation, and other things that weigh heavy. While it's easy to feel despair with the news cycle, of course there are always reasons for hope and laughter too.

This year for the holidays I'm keeping it close with family and friends and the great outdoors. Nothing boosts my spirit like getting outside in the woods, on the water, or in the mountains and savoring the joy of movement.

Christmas morning includes a walk in the lowland forest near my home, and the weekend is for skiing in the Cascades (snow willing) or hiking in the Olympics. Spending time outside in nature brings me back, grounds me, reconnects me to a sense of place. I know this is something we all need.

I hope you, too, enjoy the spirit of the season and nurture a connection to the natural world where you live, whether it's in the Pacific Northwest or across the continent or ocean.

Happy holidays and thanks for visiting Pacific Northwest Seasons!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Nature is my church. I'm grateful to have you as my friend.
Peace and joy, they begin at home.